Re: HELP! - core dump on hp10.20 and oracle 7.3.4

From: Garth Kennedy <garth_at_viola.comm.mot.com>
Date: 1998/07/02

Leigh,
You have two separate sets of problems.
1) depending on how the 10.01 programs were compiled and linked, they may not run on 10.20 - the libraries have been moved. I would advise recompiling and relinking all dynamically linked programs (static linked should be OK.).

2.) Oracle 7.3.4 has problems. None of the stuff we use  will properly build and run under 7.3.4 - 7.3.3 is fine.  This appears to be due to problems (once again) in the  way that the libraries were built on the distribution.  In addition, some of the Oracle programs apparently were  built wrong (at least for our system configurations),  and they will not run - svrmgrm for one.  Oracle is in the process on installing 7.3.3 one one new  machine as we speak.

 I did not try it, but possibly if you build and relink  as part of the installation of 7.3.4 it should resolve  some of the problems.

Garth

In article <6ndnq9$g3i$1_at_nnrp1.dejanews.com>, <LeighG_at_my-dejanews.com> wrote:
>We have just upgraded from hp10.01 to hp10.20 and oracle 7.162 to 7.3.4, I
>have recompiled a C program that we used to submit batch jobs using the new
>proC compiler, ie, proc.mk and it compiled fine.
>
>However, programs that run fine on the old system keep on getting a core dump
>on the new system.
>
>Anyone has any idea what I am missing or is there any major change in the
>config of the system?
>
>Thanks for your help in advance,
>
>Leigh

| Garth Kennedy     garth_at_comm.mot.com  Telephone (847) 576-3786 |
| Radio Network Solutions Group Motorola      FAX (847) 576-2656 |