Re: DATA WAREHOUSING SKILLS NEEDED - ORACLE, INFORMIX, SYBASE

From: Joel Garry <joelga_at_pebble.org>
Date: 1998/06/30

On Tue, 30 Jun 1998 14:18:33 -0400, Nationwide Personnel Group <gademsky_at_localnet.com> wrote:
>DATA WAREHOUSING SKILLS NEEDED
>
>We are a professional recruiting firm that specializes in
>the recruiting and placement of data warehousing
>candidates. Our clients are located across the USA.
>Following please find a partial list of our most current
>recruiting assignments.
>
>Data Warehousing Manager
>$75-$120K
>Midwest USA Location
>Manage projects related to design, development,
>construction and installation of large data warehouses and
>data mining applications. Requires excellent communication
>skills, client management abilities and team management
>experience. Contribute to business development efforts.
>Responsible for project budget management, adherence to
>methodology and accepted practices, and for the on-time
>achievement of project deliverables. Heavy travel.
>
>Manager Data Warehousing
>$70-$100K
>Southeast USA Location
>Strong knowledge in Data Warehousing. Someone to lead the
>conversion from old mainframe legacy system to a data
>warehousing environment. Knowledge of Oracle, Informix or
>Sybase a plus.
>
>Data Warehousing Consultants
>$50-$110K
>Participate in projects related to the design, development
>and installation of large data warehouses and data mining
>applications. Serve as analyst to determine scope, user
>requirements, define business issues driving the need to
>build a data warehouse. Code and test related
>applications. Requires excellent communication skills and
>a team player orientation. 100% travel unless located in
>Dallas, Chicago, New York or Palo Alto.
>
>Manager - Data Warehouse
>$80K
>Florida Location
>Coordinate ongoing support and application development of
>the Data Warehouse. Determine information requirements for
>the warehouse and work with source systems to develop data
>cleansing, loading and verification routines. Design
>warehouse table and required metrics. Lead team in the
>design, coding and testing of new development or
>customizations.
>
>Senior Data Warehousing Consulting
>$83-$85K
>Responsible for providing strategy, expertise, consulting
>tools and support that enables company to deliver superior
>consulting services in the data warehousing program.
>Formulates and executes strategic business/program plans to
>develop and maintain market leadership. Leads the extended
>management team in strategic and tactical planning for the
>successful development of the data warehousing program. BS
>in Computer Science, Business Administration or other
>related field. Experience dealing with multiple cultures.
>This position will require international travel of 50% to
>75%. Minimum of eight years experience in sales or
>consulting environment. Leadership and mentoring skills.
> [...]

Please do not post job ads in comp.databases.oracle. You may post job ads in comp.databases.oracle.marketplace. Please cancel your mispost.

Please set your reply-to to a real email address so I don't have to post this in every group so that you might read it.

The Oracle hierarchy is explained in the group charters. These are at: http://ourworld.compuserve.com/homepages/joel_garry/oraclech.htm

jg

--
These opinions are my own and not necessarily those of Information Quest or
Pebble In The Sky http://www.informationquest.com mailto:jgarry_at_nospameiq.com