How can I manipulate a long data type in Forms

From: Chitiprolu Sravan Kumar <sc09_at_gnofn.org>
Date: 1998/06/30

Hi,
I need to alter create form to alter the table constraint using a forms application.
The constraint is lookup type list.( ex. check city in ('NewOrleans','NewJersy'...))
My requirements are
1) I need to show the user all the items in the list( for which I need to exatract substrings from the

     long data type column CONDITION of "all_constraints" data dictionary table)
2) Form a LONG type string with the new items in the string appended 3) Alter the table according to the new condition.

Also,
I would like to know whether there is any PL/SQL version available yet to support DDL?
If so does it support alter table?
Please suggest me a method for implimenting requirement 3. mentioned above.

    right now I am planning to call an external PL/SQL script or Pro*C exe to do this.
Thankx in advance.
Sravan Received on Tue Jun 30 1998 - 00:00:00 CEST

Original text of this message