Re: SQL Question

From: Trevor Best <nospam_at_easynot.co.uk>
Date: 1998/06/22

On Sat, 20 Jun 1998 14:57:14 -0700 in comp.databases.ms-access, js <71023.200_at_compuserve.com> wrote:
>I am trying to figure out how to get a result set in which the row
>number is a column in the result set. For example, if I select n rows
>from a table, I need a column to contain 1 thru n. Optimally, the
>syntax needs to be ANSI standard SQL, but nearly any solution will do.
>Anyone have ideas?

See my FAQ, queries section (Sequence Numbers on the fly).

                    \|||/
                    /   \
                   C o o D
To reply by mail, replace the "nospam" in my address with "trevor", then replace the "o" in easynot with an "e". But please DONT cc me in on posts, I read this group as well. MS Access FAQ now available on my site below. http://www.trevor.easynet.co.uk/

Kenny's not dead. Received on Mon Jun 22 1998 - 00:00:00 CEST

Original text of this message