Re: Oracle8 OWS3 - Why so SLOW?

From: <bonanos_at_yahoo.com>
Date: 1998/06/17

Hi Rene

> I have a problem that has to do with the performance of Oracle web
> applications.
> I would like to explain the setup in the hope that someone out there can
> point out the possible places where serious tweaking needs to be done.

There are a couple scenarios here.

  1. If the system is not actually *crashing* it could be a case of more hardware.
  2. You could have one of the buggy versions of was3. was3 is notoriously buggy if you see a lot of: Internal error! Please try again. It is probably one of the buggy versions. There is supposed to be a fix for that particular problem.(contact oracle) Some people advise to revert to WAS2 until Was3 becomes stable, who kows what will happen to was4

Adios