Re: START WITH and CONNECT BY clause

From: Jared Hecker <jared_at_pandora.planet.net>
Date: 1998/06/17

It should work on an answer set, i.e., single or multiple tables.

jh

Elton Chan (97980015r_at_polyu.edu.hk) wrote:
: Hi all,

: Anybody can tell if the "start with" and "connect by" clause to select
: rows in a hierarchical order is valid for single table or multiple table?

: Hence, if I have multiple tables and have some hierarchical relations
: among each tables, and I would like to navigate within the tables to find
: the child and parent, can I use the start with and connect by? Or all the
: hierarchical information must be placed in the same table??

: Please help.

: Elton

--
Jared Hecker	| HWA Inc. - Oracle architecture and Administration
jared_at_hwai.com	|  ** serving NYC and New Jersey **