Re: Is there a Linux Client of Oracle

From: Joel Garry <joelga_at_pebble.org>
Date: Tue, 16 Jun 1998 18:25:56 GMT

On Tue, 16 Jun 1998 05:37:46 GMT, Dong Baohua <dbaohua_at_usa.net> wrote:
>Sybase port its client to Linux, and MSSQL Server works well with
>Sybase Client for linux, why not Oracle port its client to Linux?

Because Larry Ellison doesn't read Infoworld, where people like a senior manager from Boeing say "we would use Linux if we could get versions of Oracle that run on it." (June 8, 1998 p. 102).

Stupid stupid stupid.

BTW, comp.databases.oracle has been superceded by comp.databases.oracle.misc.

jg

--
These opinions are my own and not necessarily those of Information Quest
or Pebble In The Sky                     http://www.informationquest.com