VB5 and Oracle

From: Ellen Russell <Ellen_Russell_at_dg.com>
Date: 10 Jun 1998 02:47:36 GMT

I have some questions regarding the use of 32 bit VB5 with Oracle 7.3.3.
  1. We are using ODBC to connect to the database. Is this the best method?
  2. My developers have been unable to access stored procedures owned by another username unless I create public synonyms for them. Does VB5 not allow the reference of owner.procedurename? They also appear to be running into a problem with the length of the procedure name.

Any assistance with the above would be greatly appreciated.

Ellen_Russell_at_dg.com
Oracle DBA Received on Wed Jun 10 1998 - 04:47:36 CEST

Original text of this message