Help: Creating DB from scipts on NT?

From: Alex Williams <daw_at_zoo.bt.co.uk>
Date: 1998/06/02

I have successfully created a database on a Solaris machine by creating a parameter file and create script. I set ORACLE_SID and ran sqldba. From sqldba I did startup nomount and specified my new parameter file. Then, still in sqldba, I ran my create database script. All this worked fine.

Now I want to use the same files to create an identical database on my PC running NT / Oracle 7.2. I've put the files on the PC and changed pathnames inside the files where necessary. I'm not sure what to do next

though. I set ORACLE_SID via the Control Panel and then ran sqldba72.exe, but I got the following errors:

DBA-00314: unable to attach to default host ORA-09352: Windows 32-bit Two-Task driver unable to spawn new ORACLE task

I am fairly unfamiliar with Oracle on PC's. When I used an Oracle server

on a PC before, I simply used the default ORCL instance. I am aware of the Instance Manager application, but I want to create the database from

my scripts as I would do on a Unix machine. Please could someone tell me

how I do this.

Thanks,
Alex Received on Tue Jun 02 1998 - 00:00:00 CEST

Original text of this message