Re: How to speed up the import fase of a DB?

From: Joel Garry <joelga_at_pebble.org>
Date: 1998/05/27

On Wed, 27 May 1998 09:17:30 GMT, mainini_at_hotmail.com <mainini_at_hotmail.com> wrote:
>Hi,
>
>I need to make an export/import of a very large database (for
>reorganization purposes). I've tryed already the procedure (via
>exp/imp tools) a couple of times, but the import fase is taking too
>much time and I can't effort too much downtime.
>Does anyone know how to speed up the import fase?
>Thank you very much...

Create the tables before you import the data, with an initial extent in each table big enough to have all the data. Or, see COMPRESS=Y on the export.

See the Server Utilities manual about COMMIT=Y, IGNORE=Y, INDEXES=N, and INDEXFILE in the import chapter.

jg

--
These opinions are my own and not necessarily those of Information Quest
or Pebble In The Sky                     http://www.informationquest.com