Urgent Request for help

From: Wu Di <eidcom_at_public.fhnet.cn.net>
Date: Tue, 19 May 1998 13:22:37 +0800

I have Oracle Server 7.3.2 for Sun SPARC Solaris 2.x which can be installed on Sun SparcStation 20 (Solaris 2.5.1) . Now I come into problem when I
install it on Sun Ultra 1 Model 170 ( UltraSparc Processor and Solaris 2.5.1 ) that I
cannot build shared memory by configuring kernel parameters. After I add

the following line
"

set shmsys:shminfo_shmmax=8388608
set shmsys:shminfo_shmmin=1
set shmsys:shminfo_shmmni=100
set shmsys:shminfo_shmseg=10
set semsys:seminfo_semmns=200
set semsys:seminfo_semmni=70

"

into /etc/system and then run "ipcs", the reply is
"

IPC status from <running system> as of Tue May 19 11:10:46 1998 Message Queue facility not in system.
Shared Memory facility not in system.
Semaphore facility not in system.
"

and I run orainst, the reply is " Segmentation Fault" . So I cannot continue to install Oracle Server.

Thanks in advance. Received on Tue May 19 1998 - 07:22:37 CEST

Original text of this message