Re: ODBC Administrator won't run - Please Help

From: Paul Smith <syd_at_compuserve.comz>
Date: 1998/05/18

syd_at_compuserve.comz (Paul Smith) wrote:

>If anybody can help me with this one...
>
>Win95
>Oracle 7.3.2
>
>I have had Oracle ODBC on the target machine before, and it *has* run. It got
>removed because I didn't think I needed it any more. I have just re-installed it
>onto my machine, but the configuration utilities won't run, so it's less than
>useless.
>
>There are no error messages, nothing. I get the "starting app" windows 95
>cursor, but then nothing.
>
>Anybody else come across this?
>

>--
>Paul Smith
>Technical Manager, SDR Systems Ltd
>Please change Compuserve.comz to Compuserve.com to respond via Email

Just thought I'd let you all know - for some reason upon re-installation, the Oracle installer had missed out the following files, which when copied to my Windows\System directory solved the issue.

SQO32_73.DLL
SQO32S73.DLL
ODBCCP32.DLL

I found this out because I tried running the ODBC config program from the install CD and it ran, so one by one I inspected all the files until I got it going.