Re: Oracle Report 2.5, server side

From: Piotr Kolodziej <pkol_at_otago.gda.pl>
Date: 1998/05/05

Frédéric LEFEBVRE wrote in message <354f05c0.89427690_at_news.iway.fr>...
>Does anybody have experience (don't laugh about) using Report 2.5
>server side with SQL*Forms V3 against Oracle 7.3, on HP-UX server ?
>
>I'll glad to receive our comments, returns of experience and all
>things that can help me.

Nothing to laugh.
In practice, there's no special difference between calling SQL*ReportWritter 1.1 module which is ported with SQL*Forms 3.0 (Oracle 6 - 7.2) and calling Report 2.5 module from Forms 3.0. In these cases you must use host command and run report in another Oracle session.
If you run it against Oracle 7.3, you must use SQL*Net 2 to connect from form or report to Oracle.
It may be a good choice. Writing more complicated reports in SQL*ReportWritter is awful.

Piotr Received on Tue May 05 1998 - 00:00:00 CEST

Original text of this message