Python and Oracle

From: Howard S. Modell <howard.s.modell_at_boeing.com>
Date: 1998/04/28

Is there a truly current Oracle UI from python? I've fetched and looked at both "oramod" and "oracledb 0.1.3" from the CONTRIBs area of the ftp site, and neither one is "current".

Oracledb comes close, although it was last built against Solaris Oracle 7.2.2.3 and I have 7.2.3. However, it was also last built against python 1.4.

When I try to build it, following the instructions in the README, I get a whole slew of unresolveds, most from python, even though I pointed it carefully at my 1.5.1 installation.

here's a small sample from the start of the "unresolved's list": $ make oracledb
cc oracledb.o -o oracledb

Undefined			first referenced
 symbol  			    in file
PySequence_GetItem                  oracledb.o
ologof                              oracledb.o
Py_InitModule4                      oracledb.o
PyString_FromStringAndSize          oracledb.o
PyObject_Length                     oracledb.o
dbiMakeRaw                          oracledb.o
Py_FindMethod                       oracledb.o
PyString_FromString                 oracledb.o
PyType_Type                         oracledb.o
oopen                               oracledb.o
PyLong_FromString                   oracledb.o
Py_BuildValue                       oracledb.o
PyString_AsString                   oracledb.o
orol                                oracledb.o

Can someone advise me here on how to get this to build? [I can supply the makefile on request]

--
"Buying 'State of the Art' hi-tech is liking eating Oriental food; a half-hour
  later and you're hungry again"