Oracle Forms - Using Enter key to Exec Query & navigate to detail block

From: Deborah Kalantari <dknews_at_discovernet.net>
Date: 25 Apr 1998 02:07:56 GMT

Hope someone out there can help...
I have a new contract doing Oracle Forms development and I'm having a few challenges. Currently I'm working on a Master/Detail form that is query only.

The user enters a purchase order number and then they should be able to hit the ENTER key on the keyboard (vs. F8) to EXECUTE_QUERY (This is a requirement). I need to know how to do this.

I tried a Form-level (and Block-level) KEY-ENTER trigger with the following code:

BEGIN
  Do_Key('Execute_Query');
END; It didn't work. I may be way off base with this?

I also need to be able to navigate to the detail block after the EXECUTE_TRIGGER and don't know how to do this either. I tried GO_BLOCK in a POST-QUERY trigger. But this doesn't work since GO_BLOCK is a restricted built in and restricted subprograms are not allowed from any Pre- or Post- navigational triggers.

If anyone has any ideas, I'd love to hear from you. Thanks!

P.S. This is a character based form and I cannot incorporate the use buttons on the form. It has to be all keyboard driven. Received on Sat Apr 25 1998 - 04:07:56 CEST

Original text of this message