Help! Export / Import BLOB

From: Agustin Terrés <oscar_terres_at_yahoo.com>
Date: 1998/04/07

Hi!

I have a customer with the following situation and needs,

  • Need: Migrating data from propietary applications that support images as BLOBs for driver license processing.
  • Technology: Oracle Server 7.3 / Windows 95 Situation
  • An old database with 3 tables: general data, driver´s digitalized picture, driver´s digitalized signature. The last two tables store images as BLOBs.
  • A new application (Episuite) has an import utility that requires images as a operating system file. The images contained in the old two tables need to be converted to files in order to combine them in a new single table with pictures and signatures.

I would like to know if there is a utility or if it is neccesary to build a program to do this. The main problem is to export the images into files and then use the products import utility, configure a description file and import files to the database.

Any ideas, opinions or recommendations are welcome. Direct mail answers preferred.

Thanks!

Oscar Agustín Terrés
oscar_terres_at_yahoo.com Received on Tue Apr 07 1998 - 00:00:00 CEST

Original text of this message