Re: Oracle 8.0.3 problem with MFC -- Please Help!

From: Motty Cohen <korpro_at_actcom.co.il>
Date: 1998/04/07

Jason Pollack wrote in message <6gb0iu$911$1_at_gte2.gte.net>...
>We are having a tough time using Oracle 8 with MFC. Our code works fine
>with both Access and SQLServer, but breaks with Oracle.
>
>We are opening the database with the CDatabase::openReadOnly flag, and
>opening our recordsets with AFX_DB_USE_DEFAULT_TYPE (as well as with and
>without CRecordset::readOnly).
>
>Using Access or SQLServer, we are able to open the database successfully.
>However, with Oracle, we get an assertion failure in dbcore.cpp line 2876
 in
>function CRecordset::VerifyCursorSupport().
>
>The value that the Oracle driver is returning in the call to SQLGetInfo in
>dwDriverScrollOptions is 1 (forward only!)
>
>How can I fix this? I want to be able to open the recordset in read-only
>mode but *not* forward only.
>
>Any ideas? This sounds like it should be a simple fix -- what am I doing
>wrong?
>
>Thanks,
>
>:-)
>Jason

Hi jason,
First, You are not doing wrong,
The problem is in the ODBC driver for Oracle. You shuld verify that this driver supports the right ODBC Call Level. There are 3 OBDC Call levels defined: core, 1 and 2. The ODBC core call level support forward only cursor. Only level 1 and 2 support the other cursor nevigation methods. Check in your Oracle 8.xx ODBC diver documentation for it's ODBC call level and if it support other cursors then forward only.

(I've got the same problems with several ODBC drivers for Oracle 7.3.X)

HTH
Motty Cohen
korpro at actcom dot co dot il Received on Tue Apr 07 1998 - 00:00:00 CEST

Original text of this message