Re: Unable to connect using Des2K but can with SQL*Net

From: Pete Smith <pete_at_vigano.demon.co.uk>
Date: 1998/04/03

In article <01bd5f38$f1749a80$a3ea1bac_at_usbgrw7314.bgr.us.abatos.com>, Tom Schmitt <tom.schmitt_at_us.landisstaefa.com> writes
>Has anyone out there ever seen where you can connect to a database using
>SQL*Plus via SQL*Net but cannot connect to that same db via Designer 2000??

A total guess - are you sure that you are using sql*net or could you also be using net8, i.e. have you only made an entry in the tnsnames.ora file in your network/admin directory and therefore you should also make an entry in the net8/admin copy of tnsnames.ora. This is a very quick guess here and I may be totally wrong :-) Good Luck!

--
Pete Smith