Re: MS SQL Serveror ORACLE?

From: samuel wong <hinfun_at_pop.jaring.my>
Date: 1998/04/02

It is not personal here......

We have been experiencing MS SQL Problem and things started to clear up since SP3. We have sites that runs on Sybase, Oracle & MS. MSSQL does have some
problems handling large databases and it depends very much on your Database Design.
Lot of gigs/rows of data doesn't prove that MS can live in the VLDB World and this answer
why some MSSQL out there crashed now and then and some don;t. MS cannot optimize well if your Database Design goes above 3rd form of normalization
and extreme complex transaction involving nested SP/trigger......... I will stick to Sybase/Oracle if my Application is complex and very mission critical as these Databases have so much more features, availability and tuning than MS
for optimization and scalability (How far MS can scale ????? EE???) and don't

even think about using MS for DataWarehousing.

Apart from that..... I love MS for it's simplicity and it runs most of our General Applications.

Samuel Wong
MCSE, Sybase Certified Professional, Oracle Certified Professional.