Re: SQL for determine free space in tablespaces / files

From: Steve mouatt <steve_at_bedrockcomputers.demon.co.uk>
Date: 1998/04/01

Johan Nilsson wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I'd be grateful if anyone could help me out on how to query the database for
> information like :
>
> * Tablespaces in database
SELECT TABLESPACE_NAME FROM DBA_TABLESPACES
> * Datafiles in tablespaces

SELECT FILE_NAME,TABLESPACE_NAME FROM DBA_DATA_FILES ORDER BY 2
> * Tables in tablespaces

SELECT TABLE_NAME,TABLESPACE_NAME FROM DBA_TABLES ORDER BY 2,1
> * Max size of tablespace / current usage total / usage per table
> * Max size of datafiles / current usage
Check out views DBA_EXTENTS in conjuction with previous three views for this information.
Steve Received on Wed Apr 01 1998 - 00:00:00 CEST

Original text of this message