Need some advice

From: dna <Guess_at_.5geocities.co5m>
Date: 1998/03/30

I need some ideas on "where to go from here"..

I am currently working with Access 95 and want to expand my horizons so I can continue to stay employed and be more sought after as a consultant..

With Access, I'm mainly converting from other formats (with a step thorugh excel) into an access table. I've also written numerous queries against the data (all types) and have dabbled in the SQL that Access offers (through QBE and some that don't, like UNION). .. So, I'm pretty literate with most query types. Also, I'm familar with form design, and have written VBA code to go with them...

What I want to know is if Access resembles or can work with any of the other RDBS packages. And the what I'd need to do,with the skills I have now, to be able to work with some of the other packages out there. Do I have enough background to work with any other packages? ((Oracle, Informix, Peoplesoft, Dcom)

I appreciate all your suggestions

Dave Nicolai

You should be able to figure out my actual email address. Just remove all the 5's and replace Guess with dnz. Check out my "Name that tune" site at http://www.geocities.com/sunsetstrip/underground/6114 to test your musical knowledge. Received on Mon Mar 30 1998 - 00:00:00 CEST

Original text of this message