OCI 8.0 error ORA-01000, max open cursors.

From: <luke_at_omnigroup.com>
Date: 1998/03/27

I have an application which is using the Oracle 8.0 OCI to talk to the database server and I'm running into ORA-01000: maximum open cursors exceeded.

The people using the app aren't sure (specifically) what operations they invoked in the application (causing SELECTs, UPDATEs, INESRTs, etc. to happen), and I can't reproduce the problem so fixing it has been guesswork.

Since the 8.0 OCI doesn't explicitly handle cursors (at least according to the OCI 8.0 Programmer's Guide/Reference), does anyone know which of the OCI functions caused cursors to be implicitly opened/allocated and which cause them to be closed/deallocated?

Please cc: your response directly to luke_at_omnigroup.com, as I don't regularly browse Usenet.

Thanks for any help,
---

        Luke

http://www.dejanews.com/ Now offering spam-free web-based newsreading Received on Fri Mar 27 1998 - 00:00:00 CET