Re: ms-sql vs oracle on NT or UNIX?

From: Karl & Betty Schendel <schendel_at_kbcomputer.com>
Date: 1998/03/27

On Wed, 25 Mar 1998 18:09:44 -0500, Iron Slinger <samullen_at_iquest.net> wrote:

>Mike Adams wrote:
>>
>> James Febbo wrote:
>>
>> > NT is like jogging in the sand.
>>
>> Yes, and just like jogging in the sand, when you are done you have a
>> better work out and are a lot happier and healthier
>
>I have to agree. NT really isn't all that bad. I mean, once I
>downloaded, tcsh, PERL, grep, gawk, and a couple other goodies that have
>been ported from unix to NT, it was bearable.
>
>I've got no problems with NT, if you try hard enough, you can make it
>look exactly like Unix.

I went through the same exercise, although my problem is I kept sitting there and saying to myself "Why am I doing this? Why not just run a *real* unix iinstead of beating my head against a wall trying to dig thru the microsoft-isms trying to get to the decent code that's in there somewhere?" So I stopped, and went back to working on machines where I can get something done without first downloading 3 freeware programs and buying a couple of "Undocumented secrets of ...." books.

Karl Received on Fri Mar 27 1998 - 00:00:00 CET

Original text of this message