(unknown charset) Re: [Q] about hiding command line password in UNIX

From: (unknown charset) Rangarajan Radhakrishnan <ranx_at_worldnet.att.net>
Date: 1998/03/26

You can create ".myora" file (which has read permissions for yourself and no other permissions). This would contain only two export statements (one if you treat userid/passsword as one string). Introduce a call to this file in your ".profile" (I am assuming Bourne / Korn shell) which looks like ". .myora"
Now if the variables exported were MYORAUSER and MYORAPASS

you would connect as sqlplus $MYORAUSER/$MYORAPASS

Good luck!

Rangarajan

(Almost Anonymous)