Re: Very Large DB

From: Raju Patel <rpatel_at_infogration.com>
Date: 1998/03/26

One major problem with keeping some data in Oracle and some in a flat file is backup and recovery. If all of the data is in Oracle, you can restore from a backup and everything would be in sync. If some of the data is outside of Oracle, you could end up with inconsistencies between your Oracle data and flat file data.