Re: Pick D3 to Oracle connectivity

From: Rich Conley <nouser_at_bogus.com>
Date: 1998/03/25

Prashant Sahgal wrote:

> I am trying to create a real-time database link between a Pick D3
> (7.0)
> database and an Oracle (7.1) database. Both are running on IBM
> RS/6000s.
> Has anyone done this? If so, how did you do it?
>
> My current options are:
>
> 1) Write Unix flat files from both sides and create listeners/servers
> on
> both databases.
>
> 2) Put a PC in the middle running ODBC connections to each side with a
>
> VB program providing the glue.
>
> 3) Write a C program on the Unix side which opens both databases and
> exchanges fields.
>
> Thanks for any help you can give me.
>
> Prashant Sahgal
> psahgal_at_nojunk.mediaone.net (remove nojunk)

My appologies for the late response, but I just recently reviewed a package called Mercator by TSI Software (http://www.tsisoft.com) which is a database mapping tool. Based on our review this will do what you need.

(posted and e-mail reply)

Rich Conley
RKC Consulting
http://home.computer.net/~rkcon
(my correct e-mail is rkcon_AT_computer.net)