Re: MS SQL Serveror ORACLE?

From: Michael Heinze <michael.heinze_at_gold.at>
Date: 1998/03/16

Hi, I`ve got several databases out there. Moderate size, between 500 MB and 12 GB, but all running without interaction.

I never had any problems of inconsistent databases (began with 6.5). The only thing I had to do at one site was restarting the SQL Server, because we could not login. (I don?`t know if there was a network error, because most logins happen via WAN). But usually, *all* my DBs are running months without *any* intervention. We`ve got a task making a backup or a dump every night, that`s all the administrative stuff...

BTW, my databases do not have that much Inserts or updates (More information storage things (many blobs)), but I didn`t had problems with some 1000000 rows... (I know that`s not that much - but for my expierence the last 18 months it works great...) - But You should check for availbible data space every few weeks... :-)

Michael Heinze