Re: Is there a way to use xldb(debugger) with oracle pro*C?

From: Jeffery Cann <jcann_at_fairway.com>
Date: 1998/03/13

I cannot address your specific problem on AIX; however, I can recommend a solution that will work.

Try using gdb (GNU debugger) http://www.gnu.org. This debugger runs on all UNIX flavors. I have used it on SCO UNIX for the past 8 months with ZERO problems. I use it to debug pro*c source files. It is full-featured and completely stable. You'll have to poke around some gnu mirror sites, but I am *positive* you can find a binary version of gdb for AIX (I was able to obtain a binary version for SCO and SCO is far less popular than AIX).

gdb is a line-debugger interface. If this bothers you, get the xxgdb X-windows front-end.

Finally, if your corporation has reservations about "open-source" or "free" software like GNU debugger, you have two retorts:

(1) This debugger will actually allow you to peform your work, unlike your current debugger.
(2) You may purchase commercial support for the GNU development tools from Cygnus (http://www.cygnus.com)

Cheers.

--
Jeffery C. Cann