Re: Lotus Notes/Oracle compatiblity?

From: Joseph A. Espinosa <Joseph.Espinosa_at_SLGT.NOSPAM.COM>
Date: 1998/02/28

Courtney <sorensen_at_imap2.asu.edu> wrote in article <Pine.SOL.3.91.980227152430.25294A-100000_at_general4.asu.edu>...
> Is it possible to have a user interface supplied by Lotus Notes that
> accepts entered data, then to have an Oracle database retrieve that data
> for storage?
>
> I guess the question is: are the two compatible at that level?
> If anyone could respond via email, it would be *much* appreciated!
>

> Thanks,
>
> Courtney

Courtney, I'm taking the following quote directly from the following site:

http://www.edge.lotus.com/eibu_knowbase.nsf/notespump+prod?OpenView

Browse to this site, then choose the "NotesPump 2.5 Data Sheet"...

Using Lotus NotesPump, developers, database administrators and Information Technology professionals can establish scheduled, event driven, and bi-directional exchanges of data, also real-time (on demand) Notes and web client access to corporate data store systems, including IBM DB2, Lotus Notes, Oracle, Sybase, Text, EDA/SQL, ODBC and HTML data sources.

If this is what you're talking about doing, then yes, it can be done... The idea is, don't store your data in a Notes DB, then "pull" it with an Oracle Procedure. Instead, use notes to directly access the Oracle tables and views directly from the notes client.

If you're looking for some help in accomplishing this, let me know. I have some great developers available.

Hope this helps!

Joseph A. Espinosa -- Systems and Technology Consultant
         E-Mail: Joseph.Espinosa_at_nospamSLGT.COM
  (Remove "nospam" from E-Mail address to send to me)
  Silver Lining Global Technologies -- Orange, Calif.
   We Can Make Technology Work for You.  Ask Me How!