Re: Lotus Notes/Oracle compatiblity?

From: Kevin P. Fleming <kfleming_at_access-laserpress.com>
Date: 1998/02/27

I dont believe there's any way for a stored procedure in Oracle to access a Notes database; there is no other way for "an Oracle database" to retrieve information, since it doesn't do anything on its own.

It is trivial, though, to create a client application that connects to both Notes and Oracle and transfers data bidirectionally; one of my major applications depends on just such an animal and it works splendidly. The OLE/ActiveX programming specs for Notes are available free on IBM's Notes web site, and Oracle's specs come with the tool you choose to use (OO4O, ODBC, OCI, etc.)