Pl Help : ORA-12547 TNS Error

From: Jhansi Rani <p_jhansi_at_hotmail.com>
Date: 1998/02/16

Hi,

I am working with Sun Solaris 2.6 & Oracle 7.3.2. For the past one week I am getting intermittent problem of ORA-12547 TNS Lost Contact when I try to use sqlplus or run any program connecting to the database. The Oracle is loaded 3 weeks before and I have not done any tuneing. Is any tuning required.

I am getting the same error even if I login from my server. In second or third try I am able to login. What can be the problem?

After installing 7.3.2 oracle I installed Dev/2000 version 1.5. While installing that I got message as " ....Network s/w older version. Do you want to install the latest ". I told yes for all queries. The dev/2000 had Oracle 7.3.3 in it. Is the problem due to this. If so how can I install 7.3.3 on top of 7.3.2 without disturbing the data.

Hope someone will be able to help me.

Regards
Jhansi Received on Mon Feb 16 1998 - 00:00:00 CET

Original text of this message