ORA-12500 when Configuring Net8 on NT4

From: <Richard_Popovich_at_Whittman-Hart.com>
Date: 1998/02/16

Hi:

I am configuring Oracle 8.0.3 on a Compaq ProLian 7000 server which is

running Windows NT4.0.	I configure the tnsnames.ora by hand, since the
Net8 Assitant was quite buggy.	I stopped and started the Listener80 and
I am receive packets from the listenter service. However, when I try to access SQLMGR30 via:

SQLMGR30> connect internal/_at_red

I get an ORA-12500 Error: Unable to start a dedicated process.

Has anyone run into this problem?

I need to also install SQL*Net2.3.2 in order for the Designer/2000 1.3.2 to be able to connect to the Oracle 8.0.3 database.

[2] A second question. Does anyone know if an Oracle Names Server running on Oracle 7.3.2 can talk to the new Oracle Names 3.0 server running on Net8? Names Server 3.0 has a-lot of changes from older versions of this product, one of them being the Dynamic Service Registration.

Any help greatly appreciated,

Rich