Re: RFD: comp.databases.oracle.server.java

From: bb <defaultuser_at_domain.com>
Date: 1998/02/12

Several responses have indicated that "comp.databases.oracle.java" would

be a more suitable proposition to parent further Java newsgroups under the
comp.databases.oracle umbrella. I would like to explain our reasoning as follows:

  1. We felt comp.databses.oracle.server.java proposed by the existing RFD was more appropriate as it fits the charter of this proposal. We are proposing to separating discussions on Java in the database server from the rest of the database discussions. Therefore the newsgroup would have to be a subgroup of comp.databases.oracle.server.
  2. There is an existing newsgroup called comp.databases.oracle.tools which based on our argument would be more appropriate to do the same for a new

newsgroup for Java discussions on Java clients and tools (which we have not
proposed yet).

3. The organization we are proposing helps keep the complexity of the comp.databases.oracle umbrella down as most people are already familiar with comp.databases.oracle.server and comp.databases.oracle.tools and discussions
are well defined along the server and tools areas already.

If most people prefer the comp.databases.oracle.java.xxx organization, I'd be more
than happy to revisit the existing proposal. Responses would be appreciated.

Moe Fardoost