Re: ms-sql vs oracle on NT or UNIX?

From: steven jones <steven_jones_at_snellville.net>
Date: 1998/02/11

We have found that Oracle/Unix provides the best performance ... Oracle/NT next ... and MSS/NT has proven to be a real dog. A new version of MSS is on the horizon and may offer better performance ... but for now we are finding the performance to be very bad.

sj

Joaquin Ruiseco <jruiseco_at_msn.com> wrote in article <u0qOyAUN9GA.51_at_upnetnews03>...
> I just have a performance question. How does the performance of ms-SQL
> compare to Oracle on NT and what about on UNIX? Which system would you
> recommend and why? I just want to hear pros and cons of oracle vs.
 ms-SQL.