Re: Oracle under Solaris x86? Does it exist, or do we use generic?

From: Peter Koch <koch_at_math.uni-duisburg.de>
Date: 1998/01/31

Raymond N Shwake (rshwake_at_rsxtech.atww.org) wrote:
: I've never experienced such frustration dealing with the simple
: issue of "availability". When it became clear my Development colleagues
: wanted to move an Oracle application over to a new Compaq ProLiant 5000,
: the question of Operating System had to be dealt with. I originally planned
: to go with UnixWare, which we've used for several years with good result.

I have the Oracle 7.3.3 CD just in front of me. Did you read more than just the first page of the booklet?

The Oracle 7.3.3 CD for Intel SVr4 containts binaries for the following platforms:

	UnixWare
        Unisys
	Solaris x86

At least thats whats written on page 2.

Actually most of the files seem to be identically for all three of them. I only noticed a couple of files that are contained in three different versions.

Peter

: At this point I'm ready to swing back to the UnixWare port (which
: definitely exists for the Workgroup edition, but we'll be running the
: full-blown Server product)

It seems to me that it does not matter which CD you order.

There is no Oracle 8.0 port for this platforms.

Peter

--
Peter Koch <Koch_at_Math.Uni-Duisburg.DE>      phone: 49 203 379-2698
Department of Mathematics                     fax: 49 203 379-3139