Manipulating Records in Blocks - Developer 2000

From: Arif Samnani <100765.3477_at_compuserve.com>
Date: 1998/01/27

Hi

I have recently starting developing a database using Developer 2000.

I have created a block with N records which pulls data from a base table.
These records may or may not contain data depending on the no of rows that exist in the table.

What I would like to do is update the block by adding/changing/deleting records.

The problem I have is when adding a new record. What I would like to do is check each record in the block and see if it contains any data. If the record(s) is empty would like to update the empty row(s) with new data.

The way I have done it is to position to FIRST_RECORD and then LOOP thru the block using NEXT_RECORD and checking the contents of the record, until a blank record is found, or LAST_RECORD is reached. However this method does not seem to work. The FIRST_RECORD does not seem to position to the FIRST_RECORD.

Any ideas as to how I can overcome the above problem or is there another better way to update blocks at runtime

Thanks

Arif Received on Tue Jan 27 1998 - 00:00:00 CET

Original text of this message