Oracle the System of Choice?

From: Al Frick <bscinc_at_gte.net>
Date: 1998/01/26

I am switching from Fospro for DOS to the Windows world. Most of my clients need client/server. File/server no longer good enough.

But what software to use?

Oracle seems to have a huge market share, which immediately tells me this is the one to choose. But I am worried about the complexity of Oracle.

Several people have recommended PowerBuilder in conjunction with Oracle.

Typically I do custom apps for small organization, 20 to 50 users. I try to give the a quick solution, quick equating to less time to program and less cost. I used an application generator with Foxpro and was able to generate screens, reports, and other programs fairly quickly.

Now I need to find something in the Windows and client server world.

Does either Oracle or the combination of Oracle & Powerbuilder lend itself to rapid development?

Thanks for any thoughts on this.

ps. Any direct replies need to remove the NoAdsPlease from my email address. Sorry for the inconvenience. Thanks. Received on Mon Jan 26 1998 - 00:00:00 CET

Original text of this message