Re: Two databases

From: Arman Rawls <arawls_at_bellsouth.net>
Date: 1998/01/24

Well, from a backup and recovery standpoint it would be easier to backup just one. The question is are these applications 3rd party applications or in-house developed. Keep in mind that both applications would need to be compatible with future upgrades of Oracle at the same time if they are in one database. In my opinion, if you don't have a compelling reason to seperate them, like the one mentioned above, then why would you want split them? If it is feasable to put them together then you might be able to take better use of your drives if they were combined for the sake of the archive files and redo logs.

Just a thought!

<01bd266e$925d7ba0$df0452c2_at_Janzeb.stockport.ac.uk>...