NVL in version 6 & Version 7

From: Scott Phillips <sphillips_at_mediaone.net>
Date: 1998/01/20

    Is anybody aware of any difference in the way NVL is handled in version 6 vs. Version 7? I have an app that the queries were
written for Version 6 and the programmer said they used the NVL on the left hand side of the equal statement to disable the use of the index, thereby being able to control which indexes were being used on the fields. When we went to Version 7 the system started
slowing down and I think it is because the rules base optimizer is seeing the NVL and disabling the use of the indexes.

Scott Received on Tue Jan 20 1998 - 00:00:00 CET

Original text of this message