Re: using "WHERE" without case sensitivity

From: John Ellard <jepcsstx_at_bga.com>
Date: 1998/01/20

Steve,

SELECT * FROM TABLE_NAME WHERE UPPER(NAME) = 'JOE' This will convert the field's contents to upper case first, then make the comparison. You can test this out using Oracle's SQL*Plus tool.

Use Oracle's UPPER() or LOWER() functions to avoid case sensitivity. FYI, case sensitivity is a database option that can be set by your DBA.

John Ellard
jepcsstx_at_bga.com