Re: SQL*net on Oracle 8: How to spawn "wild card port" connection

From: Arman Rawls <arawls_at_bellsouth.net>
Date: 1998/01/17

Are you wanting to change the port or add another listener on another port? You can have more than one listener for a particular SID or one listener can service more than one SID. What usage do you have to make you want to have more than one listener for a single SID?

You will never see another port being used if you only have the default listener running (port 1521).