Re: Oracle Server on Intel - Comments & Experiences?

From: Craig I. Hagan <hagan_at_cih-gw.cih.com>
Date: 1998/01/16

naraujo_at_cemex.com (Nelson C. Araujo) writes:

> >Does anyone have any comments or experience with any of the Oracle server
> >products for Intel (NT, Solaris or UnixWare)? I'm really interested in
> >any larger scale implementations - 100+ concurrent users, 5GB+ database size.

> >Steve Blackwell
> >DBCORP Information Systems
> >Calgary, AB

I can only say that i've a small app (~10 users), ~400mb of data running on a pentium-II/300 machine with uw scsi drives and 128mb of ram. The os is linux-2.0.33, redhat 4.2 distribution. Needless to say, it screams, but, i don't think that this will give you any other than a low end usage datapoint.

  • craig
Craig I. Hagan     "It's a small world, but I wouldn't want to back it up"
hagan(at)cih.com        "True hackers don't die, their ttl expires"
  	"It takes a village to raise an idiot, but an idiot can raze a village"

	Stop the spread of spam, use a sendmail condom!
	     http://www.cih.com/~hagan/smtpd-hacks

                       In Bandwidth we trust