Re: Help please, "TNS:listener failed to start a dedicated server process"

From: InDfw <in_dfw_at_hotmail.com>
Date: 1998/01/16

You may be running into your process limit in the init.ora. Look in your alert.log and see any accompanying error messages. You can also turn on trace in the server's listener.ora and sqlnet.ora as well as the client's sqlnet.ora. You may also be running into a VMS process limit since this error means that a process could not be started on the server side for the connection request.

Phil Cook
Certified Oracle DBA

Gary Lee <gary_lee_at_dofasco.ca> wrote in article <34b41376.2389676_at_news.dofasco.ca>...