Oracle developer aid released as free - ware

From: toadman <jmmcda_at_mindspring.com>
Date: 1998/01/09

FYI Already posted in a few other forums:

For more than 3 years, TOAD has been distributed as shareware. During that period, there were nearly one thousand downloads of TOAD from the Net or from Compuserve (CIS is no longer supported).

Yet in the last 3 months since the new web page was established on MindSpring in October 97, there have been another thousand downloads! Despite this increase in popularity, or perhaps because of it, TOAD will no longer require registration whatsoever. The 30 day expiration is lifted and the nag screen removed. TOAD is/was first and foremost a tool of my own design for my own use. I do not want to loose sight of that fact, nor or submit to pressure to convert TOAD into a frilly, drill-down, dba-oriented, bitmap laden godzilla.

So, as of the v4 release of TOAD, registrations are no longer required or accepted. Although TOAD will contine to display a "not registered" notice on the Login screen, all nag screens are removed. All registrations received since last summer have been returned.

If you really, really care about the registration notice and want your name or your company's name to display as a registered user of TOAD, you can send proof of a donation to any legit non-profit organization to: 406 East Chatham St. Apex NC 27502. Please include an email address for return of your license file. If you work for a non-profit organization, send a request for registration to the same address.
So enjoy, and continue to submit suggestions for improvements.

jmmcda_at_mindspring.com         | America, assimilate
www.mindspring.com/~jmmcda    |     or emigrate