Forms 4.5 and PO Lite - Question

From: Steven C. Kondolf <skondolf_at_hatespam.frontiernet.net>
Date: 1997/12/27

I am a new developer working with the Dev2K suite and have downloaded personal oracle lite so I can practice creating forms. I'm running into a problem that I don't know if it's due to po lite, forms in general or just the way I coded the form.

I have 2 tables; members and transactions. I created a form with 2 base table blocks and a one-to-many relation with members as the master and transactions as the child.

I can run the form and do a blind query in the members block and the first member displays along with the associated transactions in the transaction block. I can maintain the transaction info including adding, modifying and deleting and can get the info to commit to the tables. However when I move back to the members block and move down more than one more member, I get the following error:

FRM-40507 Oracle error - unable to fetch next query record

If I go into the menu and do help I get see the sql statement displayed and then I get:

OCA 30051 Message 30051 not found.

The only way I can get everything to work is after saving any changes, re-query in the members block. Then I can scroll thru until I get to the appropriate record. I realize I can just query up the member record I want to maintain but I like the idea of scrolling thru the members and seeing the transactions below.

What am I missing here? Is this something unique to PO Lite or do I have something set incorrectly in my form? Any help appreciated.

Regards,
Steve
skondolf_at_hatespam.frontiernet.net
skondolf_at_hatespam.compuserve.com

  • email addresses altered to foil spammers !! ***
  • Remove hatespam. from address before sending ***