Re: Execute Stored Procedures?

From: Michael Krolewski <mikkro_at_hbsi.com>
Date: 1997/12/24

Mark Moffitt wrote:

> Greetings..
>
> Please bear with a new person to Orcale (7.3 personal Orcale)
>
> I created a stored proc and it runs fine in the PL/SQL world.
>
> It is possible to execute this stored procedure from a generic SQL
> environment (not PL/SQL).
>
> The "Oracle Complete Reference" book shows the EXECUTE
> statement on page 800 and states it is an SQL command.
>
> I am porting an application from Sybase where stored procs can
> be executed via;
>
> EXECUTE MY_PROC arg1, arg2.
>
> Thanks - Mark Moffitt

Yes... and No.

The stored procedures need to be wrapped or enclosed in a PL/SQL area...
This is generally easy as one could and can create an anonymous PL/SQL procedure quite easily

declare

	arg1	integer;
	arg2	integer;
begin
	-- assignment of arg1 and arg2 here

	my_proc (arg1, arg2);

end;

Similar things can be done in ProC or using OCI calls.

Mike K. Received on Wed Dec 24 1997 - 00:00:00 CET

Original text of this message