Sorting a Block By a Non-Base Table Column

From: Craig Ewing <cbewing_at_cts.com>
Date: 1997/12/23

(We are using Forms 4.5.) Using the old Employee-Department table scenario -- I have a block based upon the Employee table. In it, I display the Department Name which is linked to the Department Number in the Department table by a Post-Query trigger in the block.

How do I sort by the Department Name? If I place the text item "Department Name" in the 'ORDER BY' clause for the Employee block, an error message is returned and queries cannot be performed.

Thank You Received on Tue Dec 23 1997 - 00:00:00 CET

Original text of this message