Re: ORAPerl

From: Mike Stok <mike_at_stok.co.uk>
Date: 1997/12/22

On Mon, 22 Dec 1997 11:32:52 +0100, Jan Peyer <jan.peyer_at_be.softlab.ch> wrote:

>Does someone can tell me where i can find somethings about ORAPerl for
>Perl V. 5.004

Perl 5uses modules to interface to databases, there's a system which uses a common frontend (DBI - database interface) with back ends tailored to particular engined (DBD - database drivers.) I haven't used th Oracle DBD, but believe that it has ORAPerl emulation. You can read about the drivers at http://www.hermetica.com/technologia/perl/DBI/ and get ther modules by following links there or visiting a CPAN site (Comprehensive Perl Archive Network, master site at ftp.funet.fi under /pub/languages/perl/CPAN and widely mirrored.)

Hope this helps,

Mike

--
mike_at_stok.co.uk                    |           The "`Stok' disclaimers" apply.
http://www.stok.co.uk/~mike/       |   PGP fingerprint FE 56 4D 7D 42 1A 4A 9C