Forms 4.5, ODBC and Foxpro

From: Steven C Kondolf <110112.2210_at_CompuServe.COM>
Date: 1997/12/17

I've just installed Forms 4.5.8 32-bit on my Win95 pc and have also loaded the 32-bit version of PO Lite. I also have some old Foxpro 2.0 tables as well as some Visual Foxpro 3.0 tables.

I would like to use Oracle for my development work but would like to connect to the Foxpro (dBase) tables as well as the Visual Foxpro stuff rather than converting the data into PO Lite.

I've tried the ODBC 3.0 drivers from Microsoft and while I can connect to the Foxpro tables, I seem to get ORACLE errors whenever I try to query up any data.

Has anyone had any luck using Oracle Forms with Foxpro and Visual Foxpro tables? I would appreciate any information given. Thanks in advance.

--
Regards,
Steve