Re: Oracle to Access97 via ODBC: any ideas?

From: D.A. Hopkins <LRFDAH_at_leeds.ac.uk>
Date: 1997/12/17

In article <01bd0a2d$c861f170$98675092_at_ye12203>,

One of the problems we found was an Oracle column name being a reserved word in Access gave #Error in Access.

I agree that the MS drivers are better. The Oracle driver dosen't seem to work with MSQuery in Excel but the MS driver is OK. They can be downloaded from the MS Universal Data Access web site.

David Hopkins

   "Richard Finney" <richard.finney_at_yeg.co.uk> wrote:
>Hi Gianluca,
>
>Maybe I have 2 ideas on what might possibly help solve
 some ODBC problems:
>1. I noticed that #Error occurs when the datavalues in a
 field exceed the
>fields capacity. To solve this try building a query on
 the table, gradually
>add more fields until the #error code results, then you
 can identify the
>rogue field.
>Also I notice that Microsofts ODBC drivers are More
 compatible with Oracle
>than Oracles ODBC drivers are compatible with Access, so
 try Microsofts to
>see if this gives the same problem. The only place I
 have found these
>drivers is in the Visual Basic 5 installation CD
 (Enterprise Edition).
>2. The problem you have with Access refreshing the links
 to tables, I have
>seen only when trying to run pass through queries, so
 maybe you can get